BitTorrent “swarming” requires six major ingredients.
- BitTorrent client software (there are dozens of choices, all free to install. See next page for software suggestions.).
- A tracker server (hundreds of them exist on the Web, no cost to use).
- A .torrent text file that points to the movie/song/file you want to download.
- A Torrent search engine that helps you find these .torrent text files. (See next page for Torrent search links.)
- A specially-configured Internet connection with port 6881 opened on the server/router to allow Torrent file trading.
- A working understanding of file management on your PC/Macintosh. You will need to navigate hundreds of folders and filenames to make file sharing work for you.