Testing Life Cycle – Roles and Responsibilities
- Clear communication protocol should be defined with in the testing team to ensure proper understanding of roles and responsibilities.
- The roles chart should contain both on-site and off-shore team members.
- Single point contact between on site and offshore team
- prepare the project plan.
- Test management
- Test planning
- Interact with onsite lead, Client QA manager.
- Team Management.
- Work Allocation to the team.
- Test coverage analysis.
- Co-ordination with onsite for issue resolution.
- Monitoring the deliverables.
- Verify readiness of the product for release through release review.
- Obtain customer acceptance on the deliverables
- Performing risk analysis when required
- Reviews and status reporting.
- Authorize intermediate deliverables and patch release to customer.
- Resolves technical issues for the product group
- Provide direction to the team member.
- Perform activities to the respective product group.
- Review and approve of test plan.
- Review test script/code.
- Approve completion of the integration testing.
- Conduct system/regression test.
- Ensure tests are conducted as per plan.
- Reports status to the offshore test manager.
- Development of the test cases and scripts
- Test execution
- Result capturing and analysis
- Defects reporting and status reporting.